background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Guest Designer at Exploring the Cricut: Snowflake Ballerinas







I'm the guest designer today at Exploring the Cricut. Check out this wonderful blog for great Cricut projects and links to blogs of other Cricut lovers! For today's project, I came across a blog by a woman named Lola possibly from Russia or the Ukraine with the most beautiful snowflake ballerinas! She hand cut them using a template but I had to try them with my Cricut! So, I got out my Gypsy and searched and found the Wall Decor has a ballerina. I then chose snowflakes from several carts including CTMH: Art Philosophy, Christmas, Joys of the Season, and Graphically speaking and created a Gypsy file. I am sharing the file HERE. Wouldn't these be perfect for a little girls birthday party!?

Once the items were cut, I used the McGill big ball stylus to give them some shape and carefully cut a slit in the middle of the snowflake. I folded the ballerinas arms in and carefully threaded her through the slits.
If the slit was too long to stay in place on her waist, I added a little tape on the underside. I tied some white thread around the snowflake and hung them from a chandelier. So, pretty!These ballerinas would also be wonderful made with Cricut flowers wouldn't they?!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely Elegant! This gives me so any ideas. Thanks for being a guest designer at Exploring Cricut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is so beautiful and thanks so much for being a guest designer at Exploring Cricut today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! They remind of "The Nutcracker" when the snowflakes are dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! They are just beautiful!!! Thank you so very much for being our guest designer at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! These are soooo cute!! My 4 yr old would LOVE these in her room!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW! These are gorgeous! My nieces would love these!!! TFS indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh is this ever adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails