background

Friday, January 13, 2012

Trendy Red, White & Black Christmas Page



Every year I look forward to receiving my families photo Christmas cards. This year, everyone had black and white in their cards. The Robin's Nest was perfect for this trendy card! I started with a base page of Black and White Holly and fussy cut some of the white detail to slip my photo behind. Fussy cutting is a great way to high light beautiful paper and hold your photos in place. I matted my photo card on Red Paisley and used the Martha Stewart Skyland Snowflake border punch along one side. On the opposite side of the red photo mat, I tucked a Stampin Up paper doily that has been in the stash since 1999.
I cut the snowflake with Rebellious Red Glitter Cardstock using my Cricut When It's Cold Outside cartridge, a deep cut blade and housing, with a multi cut of two. Try using a printed paper with angular pattern or snowflake pattern to make a rosette and you'll love the effects. Here I used, Red Snowflakes. I just made sure to place the top edge of the snow flake pattern near the top edge of my Tim Holtz Rosette die when cutting. The effect is another snowflake when the rosette is finished! In the center I placed a flower sequin from Micheals and Fairy Dust dew drop in the center of the flower. The swirl is by Prima Marketing.
Supply List:
The Robin's Nest Black & Red Holly Paper
The Robin's Nest Red Paisley Paper
The Robin's Nest Red Snowflake Paper
The Robin's Nest Rebellious Red Glitter Cardstock
The Robin's Nest Fairy Dust Dew Drops
Cricut When It's Cold Outside Cartridge (red glitter snowflake)
Tim Holtz Rosette Die
Prima Marketing Glitter swirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails