background

Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Imagine More Cards Counterfeit Kit



After participating in the Once Upon A Sketch February Challenge, I became obsessed with the winning page from the OUAS January Challenge (see second photo below). The winning page was made by Maiko Miwa in Japan. I visited her blog and for some reason, did not get a Google translate button. So, I have no idea whose products she used to make her page.
That got me thinking about the Counterfeit Challenge blog. Have you ever visited there? So, I determined to make my own counterfeit kit and page with my Cricut Imagine (my page is at the top). Thankfully CricutKris had just post a tutorial on how to print and stack images as one on the Imagine. So, I used CricutKris's instructions to make the background page with the Imagine More Cards and Paper Lace. This is the polka dot, white and teal lace paper. Love it! I will try this technique again, so thanks CricutKris!
For the pink scalloped circle I actually cut some of my Bo Bunny card stock using CTMH Art Philosophy. So, no Imagine required. To the scalloped circle, I added Poinsettia Dew Drops by The Robin's Nest.
The flower are all from the Imagine More Cards cartridge and I used the separate layers to get only the roses and leaves. The white bird and frame, as well as the banners are also from CTMH Art Philosophy and I used a Sizzix SU embossing folder. The title and the butterfly are cut with Martha Stewart Elegant Cakes Cartridge. I also added some Making Memories pleated brown ribbon and some yellow zipper tape to coordinate with the papers from the Imagine More Cards Cartridge.
So, that's my counterfeit kit made with supplies I had in the house for less money. Give it a try and you just might find it fun and addictive! While it is not as beautiful as Maiko's, it is a page that I love.

1 comment:

  1. Your layout is GORGEOUS -- beyond gorgeous! Don't ask me to explain, but it reminds me of the Disney castle when it is all lit up pretty. I'm going to see if I can pin this on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails