background

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Beautiful Borders Make Magical Middles

If you scrapbook, you may feel the need to coordinate your pages that face each other.  I love to have a two page spread and today I am sharing how I use a beautiful border print to create a magical middle.  This is a great way to make sure you have two pages that coordinate!  Cut up one border and make an embellishment.  For the matching page, just use the border as is!
For the page above, I made a cut above the flame border and glued the extra piece over the page label at the bottom.  I then cut the guitar using my Silhouette out of some scrap paper.  I laid the guitar over The Robin's Nest Flame matching up the guitar neck with the bottom of the border and traced the bottom of the guitar with a pencil.  I fussy cut the flames in the guitar handle using an Xacto knife and cut the guitar with my scissors.  The guitar cut with the Silhouette was then used with chalk ink and a pen to create the inlays of the guitar.  I really wanted the fame to be the highlight of this guitar so I did not cut an actual inlay piece, instead I just used ink.  The back ground ticket paper is DCWV and I used The Robin's Nest Sun Yellow Classic Glitter card stock to repeat the color of the flames.
For the second idea, cut up one page and glue together with outside edges joined in a new way!  Below I used this technique on The Robin's Nest Black and White Holly card stock.  I just made a cut between the two border prints and lined then up along the white print edge.  And if the prints do NOT line up exactly like this one did not, just add a strip of colored card stock or ribbon in the middle to blend the two perfectly!  See below for before the page as is and the altered border.




The Robin's Nest Chilli Flame Border
The Robin's Nest Sun Yellow Classic Glitter Cardstock
The Robin's Nest Black and White Holly
The Robin's Nest Red Glitter Rope Cardstock
The Robin's Nest Swirl Border
Moniami Gabby Flower
DCWV Tattered Time paper (tickets)
Black Card Stock
Cameo
Silhouette Guitar file
SCAL2 (optional)
Chalk ink
ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails