background

Monday, September 2, 2013

Lessons from Mom Card & 2 Challenge Cards

I have been struggling with rejection while job hunting lately and rejection in my crafty life.  Not all of my craft goals are happening (for example, I would love to have a page or project published).   But I am an optimist and wondered what I could do to make these emotional responses go away? And then I remembered a lesson from Mom's Connected (a local Mom's group), if you want a friend be a friend. If I want approval, I am gonna share approval!  So, it got me thinking, who in my life needs to know they are valued and loved and admired?  I know my sisters!
Several years ago I sent them all a card that said I admired how they were like our Mother.  For each sister the front said I admire how you are just like Mom.  We had lost our Mom at a young age and miss her so!  She was a woman we all admired and hope to be like.  Inside, I listed different qualities each sister had that I admired in them and our Mom.  I think it might be time for another round of cards!  For my oldest sister I admire that she does NOT gossip, she doesn't tell me how to live my life (unless I ask), she is smart, a great Mother, a hard worker, sharp dresser, etc.
I started with the scalloped motif from Cricut Creative Memories Holiday Frames and Tags and cut in The Robin's Nest Kiwi Glitter Sorbet Card stock.  The honeycomb print and the little blue check in the "You" label are both made with Cricut Imagine Yummy. The "You" is actually part of Cricut Creative Memories Divine Wedding cartridge, I just hid the words "It had to be" above"you" and replaced it with" I admire" from the Cricut Calligraphy cart.  The admire and you are printed ONLY.  I love using the Imagine for a multiple project like this, I have six sisters and will make a card for each.  By using the Imagine, I know I will always have enough of the right patterned card stock and by using the Cricut Craft room I can cut them all at once!
Inside the card I used a CTMH stamp that says, "Let me count the ways"  then I used a bulleted list stamp set from Anna Griffin.  The I love you is an old Angel Company stamp set.  A bit of micro pom pom trim and a bow and the card is finished.

Well, if you are feeling needed today, think if how you can send out some good Karma and maybe some good Karma will come back!  I am going to jump in and try Mandy Leahy's card a day for the month of September and hope she will allow me to post two today to make up for missing yesterday's challenge:  Use a banner.  I used a banner in the I love you in the card above!
And for today's challenge, I had to emboss the card.  She doesn't say if I should use heat embossing or dry embossing, so I used an embossing plate and am also entering it into the Fantabulous Cricut Monday Challenge this week:  Name that Tune.  Use a music theme.  I used Lacy Labels for the red swirl and a music themed Cuttlebug embossing plate behind it.  The label is CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy for the striped portion and SU for the Happy Birthday.  Papers are CTMH and the butterfly was from Want2Scrap.  Rock is from Hannah Montana and You is from Sophisticated.  I welded the You, Rock and frame in CCR and then cut the You and Rock in white and layered them.  

7 comments:

  1. Wow! The You Rock card is awesome! Love that glittery, swirly frame. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Clare! They are both so elegant and classy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards! I know your sisters will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Rock, your card is awesome love all the details and the embossed music is perfect for our challenge this week at FCCB. Thanks for playing along. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm supposed to be commenting on the music card, and I will, but I really like the idea of sending your sisters cards, it's great (and I am borrowing the idea)!! I'm sure the good from them will come back multiplied!

    I love the colors in the You Rock card, you did a great job on it! Thanks (for multiple reasons) for joining us this week at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! I really like the scalloped shape of your first card and the fonts you used on the second card are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails