background

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Crazy for Creative Memories and Cricut Blog Hop

Welcome to the first stop on the Crazy for Creative Memories and Cricut Blog hop!  I started scrap booking over 15 years ago and some of the first products I purchase were Creative Memories.  Along with albums, papers and adhesives I soon became of the Cricut cutting machine and their design software!
One of my scrap booking friends is a Creative Memories consultant and I have heard from her that the company is not doing well and will soon reemerge with a new name and some major change in their product line.  I began a quest in August to purchase any of the Creative Memories Cricut Cartridges on my with list and wanted to share with others the cuts I love on them.   So, I hope this small blog hop shows you what lovely images these carts have and maybe some ideas for using them!
The doily in the center of the page is cut with Creative Memories Holiday Tags and Frames.  I cut the top layer in white and threaded through a red velvet ribbon.  The Santa Dear is cut with Creative Memories Tis the Season Cricut Cartridge.
The background paper was purchases at a garage sale and had no labeling. The grid paper is Basic Grey.  For the blue scalloped edge, I used the Stampin'n Up large Rosette cutting die and did NOT fold the rosette and used it for a border strip instead.

And what's a hop without a prize?!  So, I am giving away the following Cricut Expression or Cake Machine Dust Cover (NO machine included) with free shipping to US and Canada for the winner.  To be entered to win, please leave a comment below with a way to reach you via email.  To help protect your email from spam, leave the address in the following format "ssmith at hotmail dot com."  Thanks for joining us on the hop!
The next stop on the hop is Alicia's blog: Golden Goddess Designs! 


Blog Hop Line up:
Cricutcraftyclare- by Clare Dempsey (you are here)
Golden Goddess Designs by Alicia Bryant
Scrappin' My Stress Away by Lori Johnson Apgar
S.C.R.A.P. Guild of Northern IL by Clare Dempsey

4 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute,,, gives me ideas,, thank you and the cover is so pretty :)
    lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this layout - it is super darling!!!! I love how you used the doily as a backdrop for the photo and the velvet ribbon is so pretty!!!!

    Thanks for having me in this hop with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card - I have that background paper in my stash too but not sure where I bought it.
    Love the cover.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails